Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Habits + January Desktop Calendar

I can't believe it's 2014 already. It feels like just yesterday I was cranky because I had to dig out my winter coat. And now it's a brand new year! Damn...

For the past few days I have been thinking about the whole New Year's resolution thing and I have decided to do things differently this year. Instead of making a couple of big resolutions that become difficult to maintain for the entire year, I've decided to break up my resolutions by month. On the first day of each month I will have a new resolution or goal that I want to focus on. That way as the seasons change and as life happens, I can refocus myself in the direction of what is important to me.

Think it's a good idea? I just hope it works!

Taken at the Bluff Wilderness Trail
 For January I have a couple of resolutions for myself. First off, I need to get back into a regular workout routine. I have been avoiding yoga for the last month as I've been experiencing pain in my wrist. Honestly, I've been using that and the busyness of Christmas as an excuse not to be physically active. So, for this month I am aiming to work out at least 3 times a week. Either doing yoga, working out at home or at the gym in my office. Doesn't matter which, as long as I do it 3 times a week.

Secondly, I want to eat out only once a week. Matt and I want to be more smart with our money and one of our biggest downfalls is eating out. Therefore, I will be making meal plans, going for groceries and budgeting myself to one meal out a week (under $20).

Last but not least, I am vamping up this blog. I have created a schedule for myself to stick to for this month so that I post at least 3 times per week. I obviously can post more than that but I want to hold myself to something consistent. The blogs I enjoy reading the most are the ones that reliably post frequently. Therefore, I will be holding myself to those standards as well.

What are your resolutions for 2014/January?


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Christine! These sound like great goals. Eating out in Halifax is delicious but it can add up quickly. I find planning meals really helps Matt and I stick to our groceries and buy the right groceries in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you Stephanie! Halifax really does have some very delicious food. I have to get Matt into the habit of getting groceries once or twice a week. He would go every other day. lol.

    ReplyDelete