Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 4: Letting go of electronic clutter

In today's society the majority of people have at least an email address. Most people have email, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. Although deleting emails doesn't take long, it still clutters up our lives. Today I took a few steps to rid my life of electronic clutter.

  • Unsubscribed from Groupon, Kijiji Deals, TeamBuy, etc.
  • Unsubscribed from almost all newsletters I have signed up for in the past (stayed subscribed to White Hot Truth and a couple yoga ones)
  • Deleted my "Deleted Items", "Spam", and cleaned out my saved emails
  • Deleted multiple applications from my Facebook account and turned off Facebook notifications
  • Cut down my google reader from 100 blogs to less than 20

Now all of this might not be much for some people but each time I pressed the delete button or the unsubscribe button I got excited about how many emails I won't have to delete in the future, about the smaller inbox I would have. This has to be one of the best days of letting go so far as I actually feel a lot lighter afterwards.

What subscriptions could you live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment