Wednesday, August 8, 2012

CIBC Run For The Cure

This year I am again participating in the CIBC Run For The Cure. Yay! I've run in this event at least 4 or 5 times over the last 10 years and every single time I enjoy it. It is always the highlight of my racing/running because of the spirit that goes into it. And this year I'm expecting it to be even better if only for the simple reason that I am actually running for someone.

As many of you already know the Run For The Cure is to raise awareness of and funding for breast cancer research. Personally, no one in my immediate circle has been affected by breast cancer. That being said I have been touched by cancer. Last November my Nan died from colon cancer. It was a challenging time filled with lots of tears and sleepless nights. I believe she was taken from this world so that new life could be brought into it but I still wish that it had not happened and that no one would ever have to go through that kind of pain and loss. Alas, it happens every day. So this is why I am participating in the run. I figure getting one step closer to finding a cure for cancer, all cancers, is a step in the right direction.

If you would like to help me raise money and awareness for this amazing cause please go to my donation page and donate whatever you can. Whether that's $.50 or $50, it all counts.



No comments:

Post a Comment