Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's been a while...

As the title states, it's been a while since my last post. So much has happened since August so here's a quick recap:
  1. Got laid off from my corporate office job.
  2. Enjoyed the last two weeks of summer not having to work.
  3. Got hired as a personal trainer at a local gym.
  4. Decided to compete in a bikini model competition in 2013.
Kind of crazy hey?

The new job is amazing. I have been learning SO much about personal training and training in general in just 3 months and can't wait to continue my learning. I will admit that getting clients has been difficult but people just keep telling me to persevere and it'll come with time. Here's hoping :)

What I really wanted to focus on talking about over the next few months is the bikini competition and prepping for it. I have been trying to do research on the specifics of competing, what type of training is recommended, dieting, model walks, suits, etc but I haven't been able to find one source that goes into detail about all of these things. Therefore I figure I might as well journal about this process so that other people can learn from my experience. There will be some aspects that will be different than most other competitors like the fact that I'm vegan. Although I have found some interesting information on body building as a vegan on veganbodybuilding.com. If you haven't been there, you should definitely check it out.

Anyway, don't want to jump too far ahead of myself in the first post. I would love to make this a daily thing but we'll see if that actually happens. Life gets in the way sometimes but I promise to do my best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment