Thursday, July 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom

I am the way I am today because of how I was raised. From as long back as I can remember my parents have always been there to support me in all of my endeavours. And trust me, that wasn't easy since I've always been interested in so many things. Regardless, they were always my biggest cheerleaders. I'll never be able to repay them or thank them enough for moulding me into the person I am.

One of the biggest things I remember from my childhood was my mother always pushing me to be me. Of course she always wanted what was best for me but she let me get there in my own way. I was 100% accepted as who I am and never told that I should fit a certain mould. I was free to fly as high as my mind could imagine. Never stifled and only scolded when I pushed in a destructive direction.

Being such a strong woman herself, Mom taught me to stand up for what I believe in (even if it meant standing up to her) and to do what I feel is right. She really lived/s the saying "Dance like no one is watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like it's heaven on earth." and it is because of that that I have become the type of person that jumps in with both feet. I go for what I want with everything I have because Mom showed me what life can offer and always told me I could achieve anything I want to.





51 years ago one of the most influential people in my life was born. Through life's ups and downs she has stayed true to herself and has been an unreal inspiration to her two daughters. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't be here today.

Mom, I love you so much. Words will never be able to express how much you mean to me. Thank you for teaching me to fly and for always being there when I've fallen. Happy Birthday <3 br="">

1 comment: