Monday, January 10, 2011

30:30 and Dalai Lama

30:30 is going good so far. I have only missed two days. I'm not beating myself up over it though because life happens. And it's in the past, there is nothing I can do to change it. All I can do is move forward. Tonight some girls from friend yoga and I are going to Halifax Yoga for Krista's Powerflow class. I'm really excited. I haven't been to a studio since October so it'll be a good change for me! I plan on getting the new student unlimited 10 day pass as it's only $20 and a drop in class is $14. That way I can go to lots of classes in the next week :)

On Friday I bought a daily calendar. The ones I've had before haven't been anything special but I really like the one I picked for this year. Every day there is a new quote from the Dalai Lama. I have decided to post them here for the remainder of the year. Out of the ones until today there is only one that I really liked:

Happiness comes through taming the mind; without taming the mind there is no way to be happy.
Today's quote though is:

The ten misdeeds include three physical activities - taking life, taking what is not given, and abusive sexual behavior; four verbal activities - lying, slander, harsh words and idle gossip; and three mental activities - covetousness, malice, and wrong view. Abandoning these ten is crucial if we want to achieve a fortunate rebirth.

No comments:

Post a Comment