Saturday, November 7, 2009

African Red Bush

(I have been behind posting my daily posts. This one was for November 4th.)

Waking up this morning was absolutely delicious. Even before I opened my eyes I could smell the chili cooking. This is what it looked like when I checked.



I also noticed that my legs were aching from yesterdays workout. So I decided that today would be a recovery day. Really though, besides a little bit of jogging here and there, I haven't done a real leg workout with weights in a couple months.

I had some yummy toast with almond butter and banana with a large glass of ice cold milk for breakfast :) What an awesome way to start the day.



I know the almond butter kind of looks like nutella, but I promise it wasn't!!



On my quest to add some variety to my diet this week I had a honeycrisp apple for my snack at work. Have you had this kind of apply before? If you haven't you need to ASAP. They are the most delicious, juicy, savory apples ever. Let me know what you think when you try one! I really want to make an apple pie with them instead of the usual MacIntosh.


Lunch was pretty obvious..



Really though, did you expect anything other than chili? ;)

I have been doing a little bit of reading up on dark chocolate. As some of you know, chocolate is one of my major weaknesses. So why not turn my weakness into something that still satisfies my craving but is good for me also? I melted to squares of 80% cacao chocolate in a bowl and added some chopped up strawberries. This is the perfect mixture and I highly recommend it to anyone that is a chocolate lover.



I tried it once with 99% cacao chocolate. What a mistake. I couldn't even eat it because it was so bitter. Had two large glasses of milk afterward. lol.

My friend Brian and I had made plans to go to Starbucks for a coffee/tea and catch up a bit after work. So when I got home I was pretty rushed for time. I made a quick fried egg with cheese on a blueberry bagel. This bag of bagels are all the same, the bagels weren't formed in complete circles and they kind of look like a uterus. Hahaha. Yummy eh?





Obviously (or maybe not so obviously) I had a glass of my pomegranate berry juice.



I am a big tea lover but I am picky about my teas. The Mango Passion that I have posted about a few times already is from Cargo and James. I used to drink a lot of green tea but after switching to the Mango Passion, green tea just doesn't compare. Now whenever I go to Starbucks I am always trying new teas to find one that actually tastes good. This trip proved to be a success!



It's called African Red Bush and it's made by Tazo. On their website the description of the tea is as follows:

African Red Bush

Caffeine-free South African Rooibos, with its tea-like aroma and clean flavor, is combined with tart hibiscus and accented with lemon and a sprig of rosemary. A uniquely rich, full-bodied infusion - fruity, juicy and tangy, with woody, creamy notes of rooibos.

Ingredients: Rooibos, hibiscus, lemon myrtle, lemon verbena, orange peel, rosemary, lemon balm, natural flavors, citric acid.
Lets see what tomorrow workout routine will hold :)

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

    "they kind of look like a uterus"




    best blog ever.. I have officially been fully inspired to blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://adventures-with-karynne.blogspot.com/

    I did it!
    ..and I shall continuee :)

    ReplyDelete