Friday, November 13, 2009

Whittle My Middle

As I was saying in my last post I am participating in another challenge. Today is the first day I'll actually be doing it though. It started yesterday but I didn't find out about it until today.
It's called the Whittle My Middle 30-Day Challenge. Angela started it on her blog and I think it'll be a really good addition to my weight training. Basically you do a 6-10 minute core workout 5 days a week from November 11th (12th for me) until December 10th. I'll be photographing my mid-section and taking measurements before, half way and after (Nov 12th, Nov 25th and Dec 10th, respectively). The core workout will consist of these movements:

-Plank
-Side plank
-Plank with elbows on stability ball
-Stability Ball Jackknifes
-Stability ball roll out
-Plank rotations.

They are all featured here in this video by Turbulence Training.



Here are today's pictures:





Todays measurements:

Smallest Waist: 29"
Widest Waist: 35.5"
Hips (widest part of the butt): 41.25"
And because I talked about progress here I figured why not keep track of my legs too. They won't change from this workout but I hope they will change from my regular strength training and running.
Thighs: 24" (each)

Today's stats:

Plank: 1 minute
Side plank: 0:30 minutes on each arm
Plank with elbows on stability ball: 0:45 minutes
Stability Ball Jackknifes: 15 reps
Stability Ball roll out: 10 reps
Plank rotations: 1 minutes
Total time: 6 minutes

Another thing I want to keep track of is how many glasses of water I drink a day. For a while I was drinking 6-8 and felt GREAT because of it. Then I stopped. Today I drank 5 glasses of water.

At work I had an afternoon snack of yogurt and blueberries.



Tonight's supper was tacos with rice.



Taco 1



Taco 2





I was so full after supper that I didn't eat anything at all before bed. Now it's time to sleep :)

1 comment:

  1. YUM - the taco looks great!

    GL with your challenge :)

    ReplyDelete