Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Silly Memory Card

(November 17th - Bad news... my memory card ate all of my photos today so you'll have to use your imagination)

Lately I have had my nose stuck in books. Since I would say the beginning of August I have been reading book after book. Some of them I was finishing within 1-3 days of starting them. If only I could read them as fast as I added them to my never ending book list. Last night I spent the majority of the evening finishing off Dan Brown's DaVinci Code. It was my second time reading it. The only reason I read it a second time is because I bought the next book The Lost Symbol. Started it today and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I'll blog a review maybe when I'm done.
With all of the reading I did last night I ended up posting last nights blog pretty late.. at like 1am. Eeek! Needless to say I didn't get up in time to do my workout this morning. Instead I quickly got ready, ate a bowl of cereal with some sliced banana and headed off to work.

It wasn't until I got to work that I realized how sore I was. I will admit I have been slacking in the stretching department. I love to do yoga but I'm not motivated to do it at home by myself (I love going to classes or using videos, which I don't have any of). Just general stretching is kind of boring to me. Well, I should have done more of it. My calfs and hamstrings are really tight tonight. I think after my weight training this evening I'll do some yoga/stretching. Maybe I'll ready my book at the same time to keep me busy :)

Any suggestions on relaxing music to listen to while stretching/doing yoga?

Before lunch I snacked on some yogurt with blueberries and a yummy hot cup of tea. It was pretty chilly this morning so this helped to warm me up when I got to work.

Lunch was leftovers from last night; BBQ tofu with steamed broccoli and I added in some couscous and chick peas.

I was surprised when hunger hit me so soon after lunch. I thought the couscous and chick peas would really help me fill me up but they didn't. So a banana helped to quench my snackies.

Leaving work I went straight to my Aunt Trudy's house to hang out with my cousin Sarah. Sarah just turned 8 and she is the most energetic kid I have ever met. I go over once a month to entertain Sarah so my Aunt can get some time to herself. Sarah has had a lot of medical issues in her life and whenever she needs anything she almost always turns to her mom. It was my Aunts idea for me to come over more and act kind of like a big sister so that Sarah has someone else she will hopefully feel comfortable asking for help from.

This visit we made some awesome Christmas inspired sugar cookies. I really wish the memory card had not eaten my photos. Sarah is so cute!! I'm going to see if I can somehow recover them tonight. If so then I will edit this post.

By the time I got home at 10:30 I was exhausted. I ate pouched eggs on WW english muffin with ham. Matt and I watched some TV and then went straight to bed.

I ended up drinking a total of 5 glasses of water today.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the photos make a HUGE difference, well.. your photography is stunning to start with, hardly comparable to imagination ;)

    Lovely photo of Squeaks on the prior BTW!
    Your blog makes me feel cheery and motivated xo