Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Off We Go For a Mini-Trip

(November 20)

Eat, Live, Run often posts her breakfast oatmeal and I decided this morning I had to try it. Ingredients included:
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1 banana smushed up
1 cup quick oats
2 tbsp almond butter
brown sugar to taste



I have to say I really really enjoyed this. It's such a good twist on a classic. I can't wait to try her overnight oats. I'll let you know how it goes :)

As per the norm I got to work and had some tea and my morning snack was vanilla yogurt with POM Wonderful seeds. This is such a good mixture. I think the only thing that could have made it better would have been a little tiny bit of granola.





I love leftovers. I honestly think that almost everything is better after it's been in the fridge for a night. I was so happy to have some more corn chowder for lunch today. And as usual, it was PERFECT as a left over. I can't wait to make this again. I think I might double the recipe and freeze some.



My afternoon snack was a yummy banana. As good as banana is mixed with stuff it's pretty awesome on it's own too.



And a cookie. It was cookie day at work so I couldn't help myself.




When I got home from work Matt and I left to go to Wentworth for the evening. We picked up two bottles of wine and stuff to make a pizza on the way. When we go there we made two big pizza's for everyone to chow down on.

Toppings...



Bacon... yummy ....



Pizza crust..



My first glass of wine ;)



My first piece of pizza...



I ended up drinking about a bottle of wine and Matt drank the other bottle of wine. I ate two small pieces of pizza.

Overall it was a great night. There was 7 us at Matt's mom's place and we stayed up until about 2am. Ooops! More to come in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment