Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Photo Improvements

On Friday I posted an Operation Beautiful note on a friends car. Such an easy way to brighten someones day :)



This weekend was pretty relaxing. I've decided to relax every weekend when it comes to blogging. So as a summary here were some of the highlights.





Mmmmm Subway cookies!







Squeaky wanted to make an appearance on the blog and I mean, how could I say no to her?



Saturday night we made a really nice romantic dinner. We tried our first bottle of ice wine with caesar salads and spaghetti.







This morning was a quick breakfast of toast, almond butter and banana with milk.





Then some yogurt, blueberries and granola. We tried this new type that has more nuts than the usual ones. I don't think I like it with yogurt but it would go good sprinkled on apples :)



Leftovers from the weekend served as an awesome lunch.



Snacked on some milk and a vector bar. I haven't tried a variety of protein bars but I really like the vector bars.





Before my 4.5km jog I had to get something in my stomach so I grabbed some apple with almond butter.



I was inspired by Caitlin's blog a week ago to buy some tofu. Wasn't really sure what to do with it so I smothered it in some BBQ sauce and baked it. Added some broccoli to the mix and had myself a really yummy healthy supper.



Before bed snack was some cereal with banana. I think I might have actually gotten my serving of fruits and vegetables today. :)



When I started this blog not too long ago I was using my Canon point and shoot to take the photos of my meals. As you can tell (especially in this post) the photos have improved quite a bit. That's because I've decided to start using my dSLR. I have the Canon 40d which I use for my portrait photography. It's kind of annoying to bring to work with me but I definitely think it makes all of my meal choices look that much better :)

What do you use to photograph your meals?

Oh yeah!! On Thursday I posted about the whittle my middle challenge. I was SO sore after that initial workout that I haven't been able to do an ab workout since. I hope to complete one tomorrow though with my regular weight training routine. Check in tomorrow night to see if I was successful!

1 comment: