Tuesday, November 24, 2009

New Moon and New Chowder

(November 19th - Was playing with my camera after one too many drinks Friday night and deleted all of my photos for this post. oops!)

This morning started out with a real breakfast. Most mornings I wake up and have toast or something equally as quick. This morning I made some scrambled eggs with ketchup, WW english muffin and a glass of milk. I think my favorite meal of the day is breakfast. I could eat breakfast foods for lunch and supper.


Got to work and had a cup of African Red Bush tea with some vanilla yogurt and sliced banana. Yogurt is definitely a necessity in my diet. I don't think I could give it up.


Last night when I was at mom's house we planned for her to come over tonight for dinner. My mom hate's intruding so she doesn't call me much or try to stop by for visits. She thinks I'm always busy. Well a lot of the time I am but I love my family and I encouraged her to come over more. I'm hoping to get more calls from her during the work day to say she is stopping by for supper. It's perfect Sunday-Wednesday too because Matt works late those days. So mom, if you're reading this, you are not intruding by coming over after work, don't be so silly! ;)


Back to food, I decided to make corn chowder for tonights dinner but had to pick up some ingredients. On my lunch break I went to Sobeys and got everything I needed plus a chef salad. These are one of my favorite types of salad and I was surprised by how good Sobeys was.

First time trying poppy seed dressing and it was awesome!!!


Afternoon snack was a honey crisp apple with almond butter and a cup of tea. I'm drinking a lot more tea now that the weather is getting colder.


When I got home I went for a quick run before mom came over. It was horrible. My knee pains are coming back and my shin splints are not getting any better. About 1/4 of my way through my regular root I stepped on an apple that was hidden under leaves and twisted my ankle. Hopped around on one foot for about 2 minutes and then power walked home. By the time my ankle was good to run again my knees were in too much pain to be able to jog. So the power walking was a good compromise. It kept my heart rate up which is a bonus right?


My Aunt Trudy was able to get this corn chowder recipe from a bistro in Halifax that she loves. It was really really really good. Email me if you want the recipe and I'll send it to you.


Because Matt still hadn't eaten the cookie I made him on Tuesday with Sarah, mom and I had it for dessert.


Once the dishes were done mom timed me for my 6 minute abs workout. My upper body was still sore from last night and I was finding that my arms were giving out before my abs were. I think that in order for me to be able to continue doing this 6 minute ab workout I reallllly need to strengthen my upper body. Matt bought a pull up/chin up/ tricep dip/push up bar. Maybe I'll tackle that on the weekend.


Mom said good-bye after that and I showered and got ready in record time. It took me 15 minutes to shower, blow dry my hair, straighten my hair, put on makeup, get dressed and go out the door. I was impressed :) I picked up my friend Andrea and we went to a late night showing of New Moon!!!! I was expecting it to be better than the first movie and I was not let down. I absolutely loved New Moon. The director did such a good job with it, they didn't use the digital retouching they used on the first one (which I found very distracting) and they left the right parts out. In the movie Twilight I found they left out parts that were important in the story but they chose well in New Moon.


Have you seen it yet? What did you think?


While at the theater Andrea and I both bought some TCBY. I absolutely love this frozen yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment